Saturday, April 2, 2016

On Longing

1. "The body, the primary mode of perceiving scale".



 


The first thing that comes to mind is comparing yourself to another item. 


2. "The capacity of objects to serve as traces of authentic experience"



Holding a piece of the Grand Canyon that can signify as a memory of where you've been.

3. "The souvenir reduces the public, the monumental, and three dimensional into the miniature, that which can be enveloped by the body".














Something so large that can be held in the palm of your hand, being able to hold something you've loved so large you are able to keep it as a memory. 

4. "Nostalgia cannot be sustained without loss".




Having memories of something so long ago when I was younger that I could never recreate as an adult. I loved my mermaid barbie, I remember playing with her in the bathtub when I was younger.

5. "To have a souvenir of the exotic is to possess both a specimen and a trophy".





A species of some kind, that can be kept as a trophy. Being able to find a sand dollar is such a great reward and a memory of the place where I found it.




No comments:

Post a Comment